Submitted by listener on 2010-02-05 09:16:51
This makes awesome bread in about an hour…no rising time needed. Although you do have to sacrifice a cold beer you get a whole loaf of bread to share, and sharing is better.
Assembly (pre-heat oven to 375):
3 cups of all purpose flour
3 teaspoons of baking powder (omit if using self rising flour)
1 teaspoon of salt (omit if using self rising flour)
1/2 cup of sugar
1 beer (12 oz.)
1/2 stick of butter, melted
1. mix the dry ingredients together.
2. add the beer and mix it all together, you might have to add more flour so it’s not too sticky. Just make it feel like bread dough.
3. grease a bread pan with some crisco, and put the dough in.
4. drizzle the melted butter over the top (this will keep the top from burning)
5. bake it at 375 for 45ish minutes.
6. eat it.